YWCA Job Opportunities
An equal opportunity Employment Agency.
Looking for a rewarding work experience? The YWCA has a variety of programs that cover a wide range of employment opportunities. If you’re interested in employment at the YWCA, please print out and complete the Application for Employment and bring it to the YWCA on Clayton Avenue. Download Application
Director of Development
Our organization is currently seeking a Director of Development to oversee the donor relations program and manage all fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
The Director of Development, working closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and the Board of Trustees, is responsible for all YWCA fund development efforts, including annual giving, planned giving, special events, grant writing, and major gifts campaigns. Organization marketing/publicity/public relations fall within the purview of this position.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred 2+ years fundraising experience in a not-for-profit setting
- Experience with Foundation relationship and grant writing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Implement an effective annual campaign that meets its goal.
- Conduct direct mail and one to one campaigns.
- Create a leadership giving program to boost the Annual Fund and recognize major annual donors.
- Work with relevant committees including Giving, Community Relations and Special Events.
- Provide appropriate donor recognition and gift stewardship.
- Maintain donor database and gift records.
- Establish annual campaign goal, analyze and strategize for increasingly effective campaigns.
- Implement an effective planned giving program.
- Consider establishing a planned giving society and initiate a bequest campaign.
- Plan, organize and staff annual special events. With the Executive Director, audit existing event programs to evaluate effectiveness and return on investment.
- Work with staff and volunteers to determine supplemental funding needs, research, write, or collaborate on appropriate grant funding proposals.
- Work with staff and volunteers to craft a comprehensive public relations program, laying the foundation for successful annual, planned, and major gifts campaigns.
- Write, edit, and publish organization newsletter and annual report and develop print and electronic marketing materials related to fundraising and core programming.
- Work with the Boards and Executive Director to determine major gift needs, create and implement a plan to meet those needs.
- Immediately accountable to the Executive Director, but responsive as well to the opinions, talents, and contributions of the Board of Directors, Board of Trustees, and key volunteers.
- Effective in collaborating with staff and the community.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, June 2, 2017 to email@example.com or Kelly Tobin, YWCA Cortland, 14 Clayton Avenue, Cortland, NY 13045
Learning Adventure Child Care Center seeking is qualified candidates for substitute teaching positions. Hours are part time and vary each week depending on the center’s need. Hours of availability preferred between 6am-5:30pm Mon.-Fri., however we can be flexible around your schedule. Minimum qualifications are a high school diploma with child-related experience preferred. Candidates can email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume or fill out application and mail or drop off in person at 5 Huntington St.