YWCA Job Opportunities
An equal opportunity Employment Agency.
Looking for rewarding work experience? The YWCA has a variety of programs that cover a wide range of employment opportunities. If you’re interested in employment at the YWCA, please print out and complete the Application for Employment and bring it to the YWCA on Clayton Avenue.
Education – Associate’s Degree, or equivalent. Preferred 1-3 years of experience in construction and/or pool/spa maintenance, and/or facilities management required.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the upkeep and security of the YWCA association facilities including: a main building, two off-site childcare centers, and an off-site Safe Dwelling at a confidential location. All buildings have heating and cooling systems, commercial or residential kitchens, grounds including playgrounds, parking areas, security systems, and the main building has an indoor pool.
- Insure the cleanliness and good repair of all buildings with heat, air conditioning, hot water pool, kitchen and security systems functioning safely and in compliance with codes and standards.
- Insure maintenance of exteriors of all buildings including lawns, sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fire escapes and playgrounds.
- Maintain certifications required to operate a pool/spa. Attends required trainings prior to certification expiration.
- Utilizes personal vehicle to travel between work sites.
- Leads preventative maintenance efforts tied to cleaning and servicing YWCA owned equipment.
- Monitors compliance with preventative maintenance program for HVAC equipment; makes daily rounds.
- Ensures monthly equipment safety checks are completed; follows-up to ensure that issues identified during safety checks are repaired.
- Maintains library of code manuals and warranty information for all equipment.
- Locates, inspects, troubleshoots and initiates repairs.
- Utilizes an online maintenance tracking system to manage submitted work orders. Work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the facility budget including building repair and maintenance, equipment repair and replacement, supplies. Requires collaboration with the Finance Director and all Program Directors.
- Works with the Executive Director and respective YWCA Committee’s to formalize and implement a current and long range facilities maintenance and improvement plan. Plans work to be done during annual shut down week.
- Works with vendors, contractors, inspectors and repair service providers; oversees bidding in all repair/construction projects using purchase order procedures. Requires collaboration with Executive Director, Finance Director and all Program Directors.
- Responsible for record keeping including a variety of reports, inventories, certifications and ordering of equipment/supplies in coordination with the Office Manager.
- On 24-hour call for building emergencies.
- Insure that facilities meet NYS OCFS and local Department of Health and Fire Department regulations. Requires collaboration with Program Directors.
- Responsible and on call in the event of a variety of emergencies (equipment breakdowns, building break-ins, snow emergencies). Name is on file at Police Department to be called along with Executive Director in emergency situations.
Early morning hours, periodic weekend work. Must be available (on call 24 hours per day) and flexible. Exposure to heat, noise, some heavy lifting and responsible for the safe handling and storage of hazardous chemicals. (CO2, muriatic acid and chlorine). Must wear protective equipment when necessary (masks, protective eye gear and gloves.)
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
School-Age Care and Recreation Leaders and Assistants
Leaders and assistants needed in the YWCA before and after school programs. Hours depend on which site (typically am before school 6:45 am to 8:00/8:30 am and then after school 2:45/3:00 pm to 6:00 pm). Programs are located at the main YWCA site and local elementary schools around the County. Please call Janice Meyer, if interested and applications are available online and at YWCA front desk.
Substitute Positions in Child Care and School-Age Programs
Seeking qualified candidates for substitute positions. Hours are part-time and vary each week depending on the center’s needs. Hours of availability preferred between 7:00 am -6:00 pm Mon.-Fri., however we can be flexible around your schedule. Minimum qualifications are a high school diploma with child-related experience preferred. Candidates can email Jami@CortlandYWCA.org with a resume or fill out an application and mail or drop off in person at YWCA 14 Clayton Ave.