As a member of the YWCA Cortland, you join efforts to eliminate racism and empower women, children, and families. You add your voice to a diverse and powerful sisterhood of 25 million women in 120 countries worldwide. We strive to create opportunities for women’s growth, leadership, and power in order to attain a common vision of peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. Your membership supports community programs and advocacy efforts to further our mission–a mission that can’t be accomplished without you!
Please call or visit the front desk staff to purchase or renew your membership. We offer online payment options for the Individual, Senior, and Supportive membership levels.
- Members have access to a wide array of programs, including fitness, health, empowerment, youth programming, and childcare
- Members receive the YWCA Cortland newsletter, program updates, and event flyers
- Members receive reduced rates on many activities, including lectures, workshops, and classes
- Members have the opportunity to vote in the annual Board of Directors election
Annual Membership Fees:
Adult Individual: $40
Seniors (60+): $35
Youth (13-18): $30
Student (with College ID): $30
Supportive Membership: $75
Our “Supportive Membership” is designed for those mission-based members who wish to support the programs of the YWCA at an annual level of $75 per year. Enrolling in this membership is a statement of your support for the goals and the mission of the YWCA.
Supportive Membership Benefits:
- Members receive the regular annual membership (above)
- Members receive invitations to special mission-based events
- Members receive access to the YWCA USA Affinity Groups and Newsletters
- Members receive periodic updates on public policy initiatives supported by the YWCA
- Membership provides the opportunity to serve on the YWCA Cortland Committees
Thank you for considering a Supporting Membership! This membership level provides crucial support for programs working to empower women and families and eliminate racism in the Cortland Community.
- A one-year YWCA Cortland membership is required to enroll in any class or program unless otherwise noted.
- YWCA membership fees are non-refundable
- Membership dues alone are not a fee for service
- The YWCA reserves the right to revoke or deny membership to anyone whose conduct, behavior, or language is inconsistent with the principles of the YWCA mission.
(If you renew your membership before it expires, you will receive a $2 discount) Children under the age of 12 are included in a parent’s or guardian’s membership. Men are invited to become associate members; however, they will not receive the voting privileges of membership.