Become a Bridges for Kids Mentor
Do you want to expand a child’s world by helping them develop positive attitudes and build their self-esteem?
YWCA Cortland’s, Bridges for Kids has an opportunity for you!
The Bridges for Kids program provides one-to-one attention from a trained adult role model, so crucial to building self-esteem and increasing self-confidence and resiliency skills, through two types of mentoring:
- One-to-one Mentoring: get matched up with a child and spend 2 hours a week doing fun and engaging activities.
- Pen-Pal Mentoring: write one letter per week to a child
How to become a mentor:
- You must be 18 years old or older
- Fill out an application here
- Receive a background check
- Attend a one-hour mentoring training class
- Meet with your child and their parent(s) via zoom
- Write a letter once a week to the youth you are assigned to