COVID-19 Update-March 13
COVID-19 Update for our Supporters
YWCA Cortland takes seriously the health and safety of our members, staff, program participants, and visitors. We are making every effort to continue our programming as normal and we are dedicated to keeping lines of communication open and clear. Watch our website and Facebook page for updates.
Leadership is closely monitoring health alerts regarding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) from reputable sources such as state and county health departments, city officials, the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
It’s important that we all do our part to take immediate precautionary steps to avoid the introduction and spread of the virus into our community. YWCA has taken measures to make sure high-touch surface areas are being cleaned and disinfected several times throughout the day.
Below are some CDC recommendations for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or your elbow. Please throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using cleaning sprays or wipes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after eating, blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Call your healthcare professional if you feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, or have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or if you live in or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.