Preserve the Historic Home of YWCA Cortland!
“Saving The Past For The Future”
The YWCA at 14 Clayton Avenue is on the state and federal registers of historical places and is part of the Downtown Cortland Historic District. The original building was the home of Billy P. Randall, son of Roswell Randall who developed most of downtown Cortland with his brother William Randall.
We are seeking grants for state funding to shore up the exteriors of the Randall building, which the YWCA acquired in 1919. These grants will require a community match and as part of our application, we need to show a survey from our community.
To learn more about the history of YWCA Cortland, please check out “Saving The Past For The Future,” by YWCA Cortland Member Andrea Rankin. This presentation featured a special look at over 100 years of our YWCA’s history and accomplishments. You can view the presentation slides in two formats at the links below.
Please take the survey by midnight on June 10 and help us preserve this historic building and ensure another 100 years of serving the needs of our Cortland Community.