January is Mentoring Month; Get Involved!
Happy Mentoring Month!
As a core focus of YWCA Cortland, our youth mentoring programs, Bridges for Kids and GEMS, have been able to provide support, guidance, and opportunities to help Cortland area youth succeed in life and achieve their goals!
Here are some ways you can get involved and support the program in January:
- Become a Mentor: We are always seeking mentors to pair with the children on our waiting list. Make an impact; apply to become a mentor today!
- To mentor a child through the YWCA you must be 18 years or older, have access to a vehicle, be willing to commit to at least one year with the child, and attend training.
- Donate New and Unused Supplies: Supply the mentoring programming with arts and crafts supplies, books, games, and more. See the comprehensive list of accepted items on the Mentoring Wishlist.
- Make a Donation: Donate to the Mentoring general use fund so that we may provide enriching youth programming and supplement donated school supplies, food, and gifts to ensure every child is taken care of.
- Donate online
- Donate with a check: Make check payable to “YWCA Cortland” and mail it to 14 Clayton Ave., Cortland, NY 13045. To support this fundraising campaign, be sure to write ‘Mentoring 2024’ in the memo line.
- Donate with a credit card: Please call the YWCA front desk at (607) 753-9651 and mention the gift is for the 2024 Mentoring general use fund.
- Volunteer: Reach out to Mentoring Director Mindy Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer throughout the year. Prepare food, distribute gifts & school supplies, assist at community events, etc.
Does your child need a mentor? Enroll them in Bridges for Kids today!